Terrance and I just walked through one of the busiest seasons of our lives. While it was filled with so many people and wonderful memories – there were so many days that I felt completely lonely. Not because I didn’t have friends, family, or support but because I wasn’t connected to anyone that was in the same season. The holidays are here, and I can imagine what things are like for my friends who are lonely or may not have any family close. Here are 5 ways to prioritize lonely friends and family this holiday season:
1. Treat them to dinner at your house or out and about
2. Be intentional about scheduling plans – e.g. coffee, walks,
3. Include single people in couple like events – e.g. ice skating, holiday lights, museums
4. Team up on collaborative gifts
5. Send unexpected gifts, cards, flowers, or texts
The holiday season is such a tough time for so many. It Is my hope that this small reminder will encourage you love those who don't have family close by or just maybe lonely this holiday season.